Kaspersky
Question

Edge v79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit) browser extension support?

• 2 February 2020
  • 8 replies

I would like to install an extension for Edge browser v79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit), I have a Kaspersky Internet Security subscription.

However it seems that this isn't available, is that correct?
Any idea if it will be available in the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @Reindert,

Welcome!

Correct, KIS protection extension for Edge Chromium browser, is not yet available, supposed to be coming in patch H.

Atm, no-one knows when patch H will be released:worried:
---

For Kaspersky Password Manager extension, patch H has been released for the application, the KPM extension has to be installed into the Edge Chromium browser from the Chrome Web Store - Kaspersky Password Manager, patch H, extension and Edge Chromium browser

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @Reindert,

Just a headsup, KIS v 20.0.14.1085 patch H, has been released in staggered global distribution. 

Thank you for informing me..

I tried to update KIS (patch H) but without success.. 

In March I installed KIS on my PC, it appears that it has updated various times until patch G…

:confused:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Reindert Patches are gradually released on the K-Lab update servers , please proceed in the coming days from time to time with an update + reboot

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for informing me.. I tried to update KIS (patch H) but without success. In March I installed KIS on my PC, it appears that it has updated various times until patch G… :confused:

Hello @Reindert,

You’re very welcome:ok_hand_tone3:

1. Kaspersky staggers the global patch distribution.
  2. According to @Schulte, regarding patch H “At the moment the patch is only being distributed to a small group (approx. 5%). If no errors occur here, the circle is expanded “

I wonder how long Kaspersky will wait:thinking:

There is a manual “hack”  that will make H available, however, (imo) it’s better for all patches to “arrive” by normal means.

One thing for sure, many Kaspersky Customers are waiting on patch H :weary:

According to Kaspersky,  when a patch is available:

quote:

The application will prompt you to reboot the computer after you install the patch. Computer reboot is required for successful installation, so the icon in the notification area will turn red and become green again after the reboot

endquote

Hi there,

Tonight patch H was installed automatically on my PC, I just had to restart it and that was it :grinning: … If an KIS extension for Edge is available, does KIS automatically notify me or do I have to install it manually (how/where?)

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @Reindert,

Welcome back!

Glad to hear patch h has arrived and the update was painless:relaxed:

According to Kaspersky: Edge Chromium & the Kaspersky Protection extension is supposed to be coming in patch i

How the extension is to be applied to the Edge Chromium browser is yet to be announced  by Kaspersky.

As soon as I have any information I’ll let you know.

Hello Flood,

Thank you for your feedback, it’s much appreciated! :thumbsup_tone3:

Reindert

Reply / Ответить