Kaspersky
Question

Can't enable hardware virtualization. [Fixed after unchecking Windows virtualization options] [cross post Merged]

• 9 September 2021
  • 8 replies

At the first times I installed Kaspersky Internet Security, the hardware virtualization was available after enabling SVM Mode in BIOS, after a few week Kaspersky started to say Can’t use virtualization, detected a unsupported hardware or software. I made a simple search and peoples says it’s because of Hyper-V etc. virtualization stuff is installed, I deleted WSL, Hyper-V, Windows Protected Area(or Sandbox, I don’t know it’s translation) and Defender Application Guard and restarted my system, Kaspersky still says hardware virtualization is unavailable.

8 replies

I fixed the problem, there was a few Windows virtualization options was still checked, after uninstalling them hardware virtualization started to work again.

I fixed the problem, there was a few Windows virtualization options was still checked, after uninstalling them hardware virtualization started to work again.

where did u uncheck them? please let me know i want to fix the same stupid issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Mohammed1Akram

Welcome!

1. Check computer’s BIOS.
  2. Check Windows Features → all virtualization options?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+🐋

Hello @Mohammed1Akram

Welcome!

2. Check Windows Features → Hyper-V.

hello, and yes in the bios it is enabled, and what do u mean by hyper-v? should i tick the box in the windows features on or off or untick it? thanks, also see my screenshots of the windows features and tell me if there is anything to enable or disable to solve the problem. plz help me man and god bless you

​​​​​​

Hello @Mohammed1Akram

Welcome!

2. Check Windows Features → Hyper-V.

•  

so i have been dealing with this problem that hardware virtualization is not available shown in kaspersky settings, i tried everything i could and i searched for it everywhere in the internet but i none of the solution solved my problem. so i dont have vmware software or anything like that i just have obs studio and it has nothing to do with it, also here is a few screenshots of my windows enabled features, please tell me if i should enable something or disable it so i can make this virtualization thing work. plz help GOD BLESS

*task manager*

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Mohammed1Akram,

Thank you for posting back!

1. Please Read before you create a new topic & provide information? 
  2. Read About protection through hardware virtualization in Kaspersky applications
  3. Post a full screen screen print of the problem?