Brave browser, kaspersky protection addon is greyed out

• 2 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
  • Gold Senior Helper
  • 557 replies

Hi all,

Brave browser is supported by KPM (brave.exe in install path) but kaspersky protection addon is greyed out…

If i rename brave.exe to chrome.exe then KPM addon is greyed out and Kaspersky protection working…. 

So there is one or two never both working together.

@Igor Kurzin @Anton Mefodys any fix for this?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nexon , 

No fix at the moment, regretfully. There is a compatibility request pending for implementation, no ETAs as the moment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Igor Kurzin 

This is a long time process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is hard to make forecasts, but I have a feeling that it may make take a while. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Okay understnad… Thanks

Will hope that will be soon...

@nexon, thank you for the tip on renaming brave.exe to chrome.exe.  After doing that, my Kaspersky Protection browser extension works in Brave.

I use a different password manager than KPM, so I can’t speak for that problem. There is an option in Application Control where you can allow certain exe files to interact with Kaspersky Internet Service interface. It’s a long shot for you but maybe worth trying

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@CLEsports what do you mean exactly in App control? KPM is trusted so it is allowed.

@CLEsports what do you mean exactly in App control? KPM is trusted so it is allowed.

I was thinking it might have to do something with the brave/chome executable since the behavior for KPM changed when you renamed the executable. So, nevermind :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@CLEsports uhm yes thats true ...