Kaspersky
Solved

Application Guard and Kaspersky

• 11 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I have recently turned on the Application Guard to shield my Microsoft Edge session when browsing as I got a bitminer virus a while ago despite having Kaspersky which also deleted the whole of the antivirus files!!! (that's how I noticed I had an issue).

Back on topic, does this affect the ability of Kaspersky to identify potential threats?

Thank you very much!
icon

Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife 12 September 2019, 02:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I have recently turned on the Application Guard to shield my Microsoft Edge session when browsing as I got a bitminer virus a while ago despite having Kaspersky which also deleted the whole of the antivirus files!!! (that's how I noticed I had an issue).
Back on topic, does this affect the ability of Kaspersky to identify potential threats?

Hello @Trustdesa,
Welcome!
As we don't know your operating system information, nor KIS version please read this:
Limitations in Kaspersky Internet Security with Device Guard enabled in Windows 10, note, the relevant chapter saysKIS 2018, however, that's a documentation error, Kaspersky are in the process of amending.
  • Also, please clarify: "Kaspersky deleted the whole of the antivirus files!" ? Which files please?
Thank you🙏🏽