Kaspersky
Question

Application Guard and Kaspersky

• 11 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I have recently turned on the Application Guard to shield my Microsoft Edge session when browsing as I got a bitminer virus a while ago despite having Kaspersky which also deleted the whole of the antivirus files!!! (that's how I noticed I had an issue).

Back on topic, does this affect the ability of Kaspersky to identify potential threats?

Thank you very much!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
I have recently turned on the Application Guard to shield my Microsoft Edge session when browsing as I got a bitminer virus a while ago despite having Kaspersky which also deleted the whole of the antivirus files!!! (that's how I noticed I had an issue).
Back on topic, does this affect the ability of Kaspersky to identify potential threats?

Hello @Trustdesa,
Welcome!
As we don't know your operating system information, nor KIS version please read this:
Limitations in Kaspersky Internet Security with Device Guard enabled in Windows 10, note, the relevant chapter saysKIS 2018, however, that's a documentation error, Kaspersky are in the process of amending.
  • Also, please clarify: "Kaspersky deleted the whole of the antivirus files!" ? Which files please?
Thank you🙏🏽

Reply / Ответить