Kaspersky
Question

App lock not working in android 9

• 10 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi everybody,

I installed recently KIS on my phone: Blackview BV6100, Android 9, KIS: 11.53.4.3381

I would mainly use it to lock a few apps. At the beginning it worked all right, but after a while it simply stopped, all apps can be opened even without the pin code screen popping up. 

Can you help with this?

Thanks,

farcki

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @farcki

Please submit a ticket to technical support via my.kaspersky.com to further investigate this issue. 

Regards,

Igor

Hi Igor,

I already opened a ticket, the Support lab answered. Today I wrote them, this is what I found:

in Settings we have the "Accessibility" and when I restart the phone, the KIS Accessibility gets turned off and the applock does not work. So I have to turn it on. Can we do something about this?

Thanks,

farcki

Update: applications in Accessibility menu turn Off after a time, without restart. Just happened not long ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi farcki, 

The system can do it to save battery. Please try to add KISA to exclusions in battery optimization settings (or in application settings, cannot say exactly, I do not have Android at hands). Also allow work in background and autostart for KISA. 

Regards,

Igor

Hi Igor,

yes, I just found that solution on the net. I just changed the settings and see what happens. Will let you know.

thanks,

farcki

Had the same issue: app lock suddenly stopped working. It was the Android Accessibility settings suddenly turning off Kaspersky's access. Re-ticked the box & back to normal.

All settings for power saving/access/permissions were as recommended by Kaspersky.

Annoying that this happens with no notification, I'm using Xiaomi's version of Android 9, so not sure if that makes a difference.