Kaspersky
Question

Kaspersky Removal Tool did not work!

Hello, it’s me again.  I attempted to run the KRT, the one I downloaded a few months ago from this site.  It asked me if I wanted it to change my PC, I gave permission.  It asked me if i accept the terms, and I accepted.  Then… nothing!  Nothing happened.  Every time I try to run the program, it creates a short log, and that’s all.  The Kaspersky Free Antiransomware (for home) is still on my PC, slowing things down and creating issues.  What now?  Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @PCMouse,

Welcome back!

• Please attach the Kavremover log(s) & a new GSI & Windows Logs and post back? 
  • Note: the Kavremover tool documentation shows it removes Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool (KART) for Business (all versions), KART (personal/home) is not mentioned:thinking:

Also, (imo), the topic should be in Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool category, as Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool is the installed software, KFW is not installed on the device. 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@PCMouse FYI : “Do not use the kavremover tool unless recommended to do so by Kaspersky technical support engineers.“. 
Did you contact K-Lab Technical  Support ?

Hi Berny, on the now-closed thread where I was asking about this before, I thought the last message reassured me it was safe to use the removal tool:

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-free-for-windows-72/how-to-prepare-to-use-kaspersky-removal-tool-so-pc-is-not-damaged-solved-closed-7456?postid=42001#post42001

Isn’t the K-Lab Support for paying customers only?  I am trying this software for free prior to purchasing the premium product and at this point I see it is not working well with my PC, so I really don’t want to have to purchase anything, especially if I am only purchasing something so I can have it removed.  

If there is somewhere else to go to get help for this please post a link so I can go there directly, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@PCMouse Please try with Revo Uninstaller.

Reply / Ответить