Kaspersky
Question

Kaspersky Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall

• 22 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello, I've tried to install Kaspersky after having COMODO Firewall installed on my Virtual machine and kaspersky alerted me that it's incompatible software. I ignored that and installed anyway but Kaspersky randomly shuts downs and doesn't work properly. What is the reason for that ? They both serve totally different purpose, why is one not working together with other one ? I really like COMODO firewall and at the same time I like Kaspersky Free AV.. Can you please fix it or recommend some way to make these two work together ? Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello hunterczech,

please try it in reverse order:
first install KFA, then Comodo. Make sure that the Comodo AV components are deactivated.
Hello Schulte,

I've tried that even in reversed order then there's no warning but problems with KFA not starting still persist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
...then I'm afraid it won't work.

Comodo firewall is also a HIPS and it restricts programs in their internet access. A function which is also contained in KFA. If you cannot disable them, the firewall will probably remain incompatible (as indicated in the compatibility list).
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Installing KFA and then CFW should work, I'm active in other forums where users have this combo and it worked fine, but probably some exclusions in both applications will have to be created, and of course not installing AV module in CFW.

Reply / Ответить