Kaspersky
Solved

Kaspersky Cloud Free 21.3.10.391(f) and Windows 11, support window shows Windows 10.

• 17 October 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Bronze Junior Helper
  • 3 replies

Hi, I hope the day is going well!
Recently I discover some issue on Kaspersky Cloud Free 21.3.10.391(f) and Windows 11.

Opening Kaspersky than the support icon near the settings icon that can be found on bottom left showing I’m on Windows 10 when I’m on Windows 11.

I hope Kaspersky can fix this in the future as the program should be already compatible with the latest Windows version that is 11!

I also faced the issue Secure traffic in Window Operating System not monitored but thanks to the mentioned post I resolved the issue.

I don’t know if Kaspersky staff checks post here and keep track of bugs that free users seems can just report by the community, I hope so.

Have a nice day,

Marco

icon

Best answer by Igor Kurzin 18 October 2021, 09:39

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Marco, 

Kaspersky applications for home and small office now support Windows 11:

https://support.kaspersky.com/common/compatibility/15806

It looks like the issue is due to the fact that Microsoft still has the Windows 10 instead of Windows 11 in registry here: 

We will use another way to detect the operating system version in the future. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Igor Kurzin thank you very much for your reply and your time!

I’m happy the issue has been read by Kaspersky staff.

I appreciate that.

Wish you a nice week.

Marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome!

Have a great day and stay safe! 

You are most welcome!

Have a great day and stay safe! 

This issue is not yet fixed and I done a reinstall of Windows 11, still see I’m running Windows 10 on Kaspersky.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @o87 and all, 

The issue is fixed, the fix will be released with the next version of the product, which is expected in early 2022. 

There is nothing to worry with regards to this issue, it is only cosmetic and it does not influence the functionality of the product in any way. 

Userlevel 1

In my product it's showing that my Windows is 10 and not 11.
Could fix without waiting a new version of Kaspersky that is scheduled for January. only and launches in the daily updates.

Hi @o87 and all, 

The issue is fixed, the fix will be released with the next version of the product, which is expected in early 2022. 

There is nothing to worry with regards to this issue, it is only cosmetic and it does not influence the functionality of the product in any way. 

Hi Igor,

Is this the reason a device would show critical for this specific topic? It’s also running windows 11 but shows windows 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @atWORK

Welcome!

• The Windows 10/11 cosmetic fix is yet to be released. 
  • Windows 10/11 cosmetic issue has nothing to do with Device status :exclamation: Critical 
  1. Which Kaspersky software name, version & patch(x) x=letter, is installed →  on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Is the software Premium, Trial, or Free? 
  3. Has the software just been installed? 
  4. Are there any similar errors in Kaspersky Reports? 

Please let us know?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Hello @atWORK

Welcome!

1. The Windows 10/11 cosmetic fix is yet to be released. 
  2. It has nothing to do with Device status :exclamation: Critical 
  3. Which Kaspersky software name, version & patch(x) x=letter, is installed →  on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  4. Is the software Premium, Trial, or Free? 
  5. Has the software just been installed? 
  6. Are there any similar errors in Kaspersky Reports? 

Please let us know?

Hello,

1. Which Kaspersky software name, version & patch(x) x=letter, is installed?
  2. It’s a cloud plus
  3. Yes it was installed about a week ago
  4. No I cannot find any similar error in the reports

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @atWORK

Thank you for the information!

1. Read Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Management Console  >  Managing devices  >  About device statuses

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@atWORK Welcome.

The Forum Section for your Kaspersky product is available here :

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-corporate-products-27