Kaspersky
Question

The User Profile service failed the sign in User profile cannot be loaded

• 29 January 2020
  • 5 replies

• Community Citizen
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I’m experiencing an issue where periodically users cannot login to their Windows 10 1809 devices because they get the “ The User Profile service failed the sign in User profile cannot be loaded “ message.

We are using Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.1.1.126 on our client machines and, in the event logs there is a Kaspersky entry which seems to either cause the issue or point to an issue, it’s in the Application log, Event ID 1552, “User hive is loaded by another process (Registry Lock) Process name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows\avp.exe” ← is this normal? I see it 10 to 20 times a day on a given machine, which experiences the logon issue - after reboot the logon issue goes away. No temporary profiles are being created, replacing ntuser.dat doesn’t help, it happens for new and old profiles.

So can anyone tell me if the above entry from Kaspersky is some routine task and if not, where can I start looking for the reason of Kaspersky locking the registry?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi,

Could you please provide us with GSI log from that host?

Thank you!

I added that file to the exclusion list at one point.  I’m pretty sure we had experienced that same issue randomly.

I spoke with our security department and they said that Kaspesky support is already taking a look into this issue, so I don’t want to give you Nikolay again the same task that you already have somewhere in your queue :)

I know there the guys will install some patch for Kaspersky on an affected device in the upcoming days to check if this will solve the issue.
I’ll post back once the patch is installed, if it fixed the issue or not.

I added that file to the exclusion list at one point.  I’m pretty sure we had experienced that same issue randomly.

From what I know this has already been done, but it didn’t solve the issue, but thank you very much for your support!

Hi All,

Did anyone find a solution to this? because I also have the same issue.

Hi nt30,

our security department is contacting Kaspersky support via another channel, so at the moment I’m not suppose to share the logs on a public forum.
We still have the issue, I’m doing a own investigation looking through the event log, but sadly I didn’t find much new information.

What I have found is that the 1552 Event ID started with Windows 1809, here is an interesting link

Regarding your case - did you spot anything specific, when the user cannot logon?

Can you share your observations? Maybe we can solve this one together :)

Reply / Ответить