Kaspersky
Question

KSC11: possible issue with KB4493453 25 april 2019 update

• 26 April 2019
  • 2 replies

This morning i have installed the KB4493453 update for Server 2008 R2 SP1 but where the KSC is installed i have a very high cpu consumption (100% with the server blocked).
I believe the problem is in KSC because it is the only server that is giving me problems with this update installed.
I had to uninstall the KB.
On this server i'm using KSC11.0.0.1131 with KS Server 10.1.1.746.
This KB is not a security update but these changes will be included in future updates.
I wanted to publish this post here on the community because someone might have the same problem.
Next week i will open a ticket with technical support.
Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi GLFI69,

that's strange, but I'm not surprised anymore about weird behavior of Windows updates in combination with Kaspersky Enterprise products... 😁

What are the specifications of your server on which KSC is installed?
The current optimal requirements for KSC 11 and SQL Server installed on the same server for a network with < 50.000 devices are as follows:
  • CPU: 8 cores, 2.5 GHz
  • RAM size: 16 GB
  • Hard disk: 500 GB, SATA RAID
  • Network adapter: 1 gigabit
These requirements are of course extremely high compared to the minimum requirements. However, performance (CPU and RAM) should not be compromised.

Keep us up2date, please!
Leon ✌🏼
I honestly don't know what happened! I have reinstalled the Windows update but I didn't have any issue anymore.
boooooooo

Reply / Ответить