License renewal this year has not been as seamless as expected. Through Kaspersky Security Center 10, I ran into many difficulties, and even some bugs.
My attempts of distributing the new license:
- Add Key (task fails with 3 different errors, depending on device)
- Reinstall (resulted in inaccessible boot device)
- Deleting from managed and unassigned devices and re-adding the computer (doesn’t work, it’s a very unpleasant and time consuming experience)
- Install remotely (maintains old key)
- Removing old keys (still remained as active key for more than a workday, removing ALL EXCEPT THE NEW key still didn't work for 4 hours)
- Uninstall remotely (fails)
- Using exported keyfile (corrupted keyfile)
- Automatic distribution - works unpredictably, very slow, not sure if it’s automatic distribution that worked or my possibly half-failed attempts (for example uninstallation renders the endpoint unusable, without succeeding)
My current issues with tasks that have been created on KSC are:
- Add Key - The task remains at 0% progress for a long time, after a while (can be more than an hour) it either results in a failure (Completed with error - Proxy server authentication required. Please check your network settings.) or I stop it. Other behavior includes error codes that look like "A12345 (?)"
- Uninstall application remotely - Fatal error during uninstallation. Using kavremover caused “inaccessible boot device” and I had to reinstall windows, I can’t afford trying this on a server.
- Managed devices reinsertion - Very slow, buggy, sometimes the status icon is displayed incorrectly
- The error message regarding proxy settings is confusing, does this mean local proxy or Kaspersky Authentication Servers? Is it related in any way to KSN?
- Why are the new keys not applied?
//Mod Note: moved to the correct section.
Best answer by Caos
Please update to KSC v11 Patch b.