Kaspersky
Solved

Application Control Issue

Badge
Dear Support,

I am trying to block Skype application (by default installed with Windows 10) using Application control. I have created condition using all Application registry and Executable files and even using metadeta with Application Name= Skype, but still somehow its not blocking it.

I have also tried creating condition with SkypeApp.exe which is showing in the Task Manager but still its not blocking. Can you please guide on this. Thanks
icon

Best answer by harlan4096 20 June 2019, 13:39

Hi again, I deleted my 2 previous rules (moving to UnTrusted), and this time I created rules via Application Control, and They are working here. I created the same rule for these 3 .exe:

SkypeApp.exe
SkypeBackgroundHost.exe
SkypeBridge.exe

Result:

View original

11 replies

Badge
Dear Support,

Waiting for your kind response.

Thanks
Hi,
Please, check the online course about Applications control
https://support.kaspersky.com/learning/courses/kl_102.104/chapter3_section2

So create a black list and add Skype Hash or from Skype release information from inventory task (see the online course).

Best Regard
Badge
Hi,
Please, check the online course about Applications controlhttps://support.kaspersky.com/learning/courses/kl_102.104/chapter3_section2
So create a black list and add Skype Hash or from Skype release information from inventory task (see the online course).

Best Regard

Thanks for the response.

I am using meta deta as well as all collected Executable files of Skype for blocking of Skype, but still its not working. I dont want to use KL category for this because i just wanted to block Skype (which is installed by default). Thanks
Badge
Waiting for your kind response.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Hamid Ali: which type of blocking are You meaning? execution blocking, installation blocking, block updating?

I guess You mean W10 App? :

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeApp.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeBackgroundHost.exe

I've added this 2 rules in KES11.1 and Skype W10 can't open (I got a fast flash but can't run):
Badge
@Hamid Ali: which type of blocking are You meaning? block execution, block installation, block updating?

I guess You mean W10 App? :

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeApp.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeBackgroundHost.exe

Dear Support,

Thanks for the response.

I need to block the execution and installation for Skype (which is installed in Windows By default).

Thanks
Badge
Dear Support,

I have created a condition for both these SkypeApp.exe and SkypeBackgroundHost.exe

but still its not blocking.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To block execution, please check -> I updated my previous post...
Badge
To block execution, please check -> I updated my previous post...
Dear Support,

I have already created a condition for both these SkypeApp.exe and SkypeBackgroundHost.exe

but still its not blocking the execution.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please upload screen-shots of conditions/rules You have created, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi again, I deleted my 2 previous rules (moving to UnTrusted), and this time I created rules via Application Control, and They are working here. I created the same rule for these 3 .exe:

SkypeApp.exe
SkypeBackgroundHost.exe
SkypeBridge.exe

Result:

Reply / Ответить