Kaspersky
Solved

Anti-Cryptor

• 31 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

May i know what should we select under the schedule of Anti-Cryptor in Kaspersky for Windows Servers. If it is stopped, does that mean it is not protecting the server from ransomware attack?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Oleg Bykov 4 June 2019, 07:39

ok thanks. Is there a way to test if the Anti-Cryptor will protect the system if there is a ransomware attack?
Hello,

You can try using something like AES Crypt to encrypt the files on the protected network shared folder.
View original

5 replies

If it's not running, it's not protecting anything. I think the recommended setting would be to launch the task at program start. Then it will be started and keep running after KSFSW launches.
ok thanks. Is there a way to test if the Anti-Cryptor will protect the system if there is a ransomware attack?
Hello,

You can try using something like AES Crypt to encrypt the files on the protected network shared folder.
ok i tried to encrypt a file with AES Crypt and was able to encrypt it with a password but then access to the shared folder was blocked from my pc. That means Kasperky Anti-cryptor doesn't stop the first action of encryption? Right?
ok i tried to encrypt a file with AES Crypt and was able to encrypt it with a password but then access to the shared folder was blocked from my pc. That means Kasperky Anti-cryptor doesn't stop the first action of encryption? Right?
The AntiCryptor works aynchronously to not affect the system with its heuristics - but it also means that the first encryption operation may gets through and only subsequent operations get blocked. So yes, one file may get encrypted.

Reply / Ответить