Kaspersky
Question

Outlook Add in, Outlook says Kaspersky has caused a crash and add ins have been turned off.

• 8 September 2019
  • 8 replies

The last two times I have logged on to my outlook account on my computer (not webmail), I have a notice that says Kaspersky has caused a crash and add ins have been turned off....when I turn back on, the same thing happens...is there a patch for this problem?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Welcome. Please check this https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/10023
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
The last two times I have logged on to my outlook account on my computer (not webmail), I have a notice that says Kaspersky has caused a crash and add ins have been turned off....when I turn back on, the same thing happens...is there a patch for this problem?
Hello @MCD111,
As well as the information posted by @Berny
Please tell us:
IF "yes"
Please follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall Mail application
  2. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  3. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  4. Download & install Mail application
  5. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  6. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  7. Start Mail application - recheck issue?
Fixed👏🏽
Mail application still crashing😥please let us know?
Thank you🙏🏽
Surely you jest.....you want me to remove Outlook Exchange (365) and then reinstall? Won't happen....I will find a virus app that will work with Outlook...used AVG for more than 15 years and never had a problem, This only started two days ago, so something either in an upgrade from KAV or Outlook and maybe I am the only person experiencing this in the realm of users, so I will just try to find other options....Since this only happens on my Surface, it may be something there, as I dont have the same problem on my desktop computer.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Surely you jest.....you want me to remove Outlook Exchange (365) and then reinstall? Won't happen....I will find a virus app that will work with Outlook...used AVG for more than 15 years and never had a problem, This only started two days ago, so something either in an upgrade from KAV or Outlook and maybe I am the only person experiencing this in the realm of users, so I will just try to find other options....Since this only happens on my Surface, it may be something there, as I dont have the same problem on my desktop computer.
Thanks

Hello @MCD111,
Thanks for posting back.
I wasn't jesting, simply trying to assist you to find the root cause AND asking for software version info etc, so I could test., to help get to a solution.
So, thanks for telling me Outlook Exchange (365) , I'll test that.

Please tell us:
  • Operating system version, build, release? (refer my original reply)
  • KAV version, build, patch(x) x=letter (refer my original reply)
  • Which Addins are disabled when the crash occurs?
  • Has KAV, just been installed?
  • Have you uninstalled, reinstalled KAV? (using documented procedures).
  • Have you checked Hardware and Software compatibility requirements? (I'd do it for you, but, can't without knowing OS info & KAV info).
  • Can you enable KAV Traces, replicate the issue, turn off Traces and post back the logs?
Please let me know?
Thanks🙏🏽
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Kaspersky has caused a crash
Also , please check if folder "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\" contains "DMP" files.

Hello @MCD111,
As well as the information posted by @Berny
Please tell us:

IF "yes"
Please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Mail application
  2. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  3. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  4. Download & install Mail application
  5. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  6. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  7. Start Mail application - recheck issue?

Fixed👏🏽
Mail application still crashing😥please let us know?
Thank you🙏🏽

This is absolutely wrong, what about wrecking my computer and the reassemble it ?!

Kaspersky has caused a crash

Also , please check if folder "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\" contains "DMP" files.

That is the worse answer ever seen, that a VIRUS detector and killer cannot check its own integrity !

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@MCD111 Thank you for your reply. Please continue with Tech Support , we amicably close this Topic.