Kaspersky
Question

my kaspersky scan very slow

• 12 September 2021
  • 6 replies

hi Forum my kaspersky antivirus 21.3.10 patch f scan very slow on my pc before i upgraded to patch f it scanned faster then it did after the update of patch f what can cause it

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @Snowwolfboi,

one possibility is that scan technologies like iSwift and iChecker is not applied after a patch. So all files are scanned, which of course takes longer.
With the next scans the scan will be faster again.

Hello @Snowwolfboi,

one possibility is that scan technologies like iSwift and iChecker is not applied after a patch. So all files are scanned, which of course takes longer.
With the next scans the scan will be faster again.

the iswift and ichecker is applied

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Snowwolfboi,

Kaspersky can override your setting. If they think the files need to be rescanned, they will do so.

Even if no new patch has just been installed, the files will be rescanned from time to time according to a specific scheme.

Hi @Snowwolfboi,

Kaspersky can override your setting. If they think the files need to be rescanned, they will do so.

Even if no new patch has just been installed, the files will be rescanned from time to time according to a specific scheme.

oh so how to fix that

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Snowwolfboi,
you don't need to do anything.

If this is really the reason, the scan will speed up again over time. The database is rebuilt and fewer files are scanned with each scan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Snowwolfboi

Also, as well as the advice from Moderator @Schulte, you can optimize scans, without negative impact, by selecting Scan only new and changed files

Thank you:pray_tone3:
Flood:whale: +:whale2: