Kaspersky
Solved

How do I know if I have ransomware?

• 14 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Unfortunately I ended up clicking on a phishing link on my website form. Apparently the link was broken, as it did not redirect me to any address or download anything. I scanned my Kaspersky and it found nothing, how do I know if the attack is underway? Is there a more assertive way of knowing if I'm being attacked?

icon

Best answer by Schulte 14 December 2020, 15:48

Hello @dieggoliveira, Welcome.

Clicking on a phishing link is not necessarily dangerous. Only when you enter data or download and open a program/document there is a danger.

After the link was broken, no damage should have occurred. If Kapersky does not detect any problem, your computer should be safe.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @dieggoliveira, Welcome.

Clicking on a phishing link is not necessarily dangerous. Only when you enter data or download and open a program/document there is a danger.

After the link was broken, no damage should have occurred. If Kapersky does not detect any problem, your computer should be safe.

Got it, is there any other way to identify a ransomware or is the native scan just enough?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If your installed Kaspersky product does not detect any threat, that should be enough.

However, you are welcome to use additional tools, such as Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Kaspersky Rescue Disk.

Thank you!