I get this error many times when running this game program on my PC. It appears Kaspersky is locking the data file. It happens in batches, sometimes no issues then sometimes it will not run the program - just keeps locking the file with this message. I check the permission and Kasp is allowing this program rights to run so not sure why. Will also say this just started happening in the last 6 months - was fine for a year before that. Not sure what changed. If I disable Kasp then the program runs fine.
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
KAV 126.96.36.1990 C
Thank you for posting back.
- What does “ Gummy Drop game program crashes because file read only from Kaspersky” actually mean?
- How is Kaspersky locking the file: C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\Game Forest\Gummy Drop\1.0\Levels_tmp/ ?
- KAV, it’s up to version 188.8.131.520(b), please do the following:
- Create a System restore point.
- Check whether any applications installed on the computer are incompatible with KAV ? Note, if you have not done this check in the last 6 months, do it.
- Uninstall KAV, save License information ONLY, leave all other checkboxes blank.
- Download new KAV installer, install KAV, at the end of the install make sure the computer is shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
- Make sure KTS is started & patch(b) has been applied?
- Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete.
- Run a manual Full scan update → allow it to complete.
- Recheck “Gummy Drop game program crashes because file read only from Kaspersky” issue, if it persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd pty software template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data
- After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.
Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?