Kaspersky
Solved

Full scan is very slow

I have a problem with my Kaspersky free full scaner.
It worked well but now it’s very slow.
please help

icon

Best answer by richbuff 5 July 2020, 18:10

0.75 TB of material can take 20 hours to scan, maybe. Subsequent scans should be faster. 

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome. How slow is it? Weeks? Days? Hours? How large is your drive? How much drive space is used? Please tell us something about your system and its specifications. 

Welcome. How slow is it? Weeks? Days? Hours? How large is your drive? How much drive space is used? Please tell us something about your system and its specifications. 

So it’s running for 8 hours now and I only have 40% .  It says that it needs 11 hours to complete.

I have only one drive and it’s 929GB big.81% of the space is taken.
My RAM is 8 GB

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

0.75 TB of material can take 20 hours to scan, maybe. Subsequent scans should be faster. 

This is ok to take a long time to scan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try to use checkdisk tool for the drive (chkdsk x: /f /r)

Next defrag the drive, then retest the issue.

Thanks for the help!:heart:

Hi, my full system scan has been running for over 30 hours and still, only 55% of it is complete. My RAM is 16 GB and total storage is around 1 TB. What could be the issue here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@nnnraj Please see this Kaspersky Support article https://support.kaspersky.com/common/error/other/14825

I have two problems .

1. Kaspersky couldn't detect searchlee virus and but small virus detectors found it.
  2. Scan is very slow it took almost 8 hrs just to scan 300 GB of data. 
  3.  my details. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @surendra,

Welcome!

11.2.1 is not yet supported, refer KIS/Mac Hardware and software requirements

According to @Danila T. 

Device with M1 not supported. Support will be implemented in build 21.1. Release date Q1-2021

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Reply / Ответить