Kaspersky
Question

32 bit or 64 bit - is it normal to use 140MB? Power usage says very high, is that okay?

• 29 November 2019
  • 9 replies

• Community Citizen
  • 4 replies

32 bit or 64 bit - is it normal to use 140MB? Power usage says very high, is that okay?

9 replies

WDA is switched off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the Microsoft Windows Defender protection on

Is WD Antivirus running or disabled  in the Services ?

Please check with MSCONFIG.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello  @rpol,

The issue can be effectively diagnosed by step 3.

Step 2 helps us help you. 

Thank you. 

Thank you for your quick response.

The version is 1903 (OS Build 18362.476)

I’ve had in on here for 3 years or so.
I can’t remember how it was installed.
Steps 2 and 3 sound too complex for me.
Thank you for sharing; KIS 2016 Runs as 32 bit on 64 bit Windows 10
I don’t need to read that, I just was asking if that was the reason it ran hot because sometimes thats the problem.

I have the Microsoft Windows Defender protection on but it uses no power and no memory, so I was wondering if the stats I gave you were high or if that is just how hot KIS runs. So if there is a way to get it to use less power then please let me know. Otherwise I’ll have to live with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello  @rpol,

Thank you for replying. 

:octagonal_sign: Windows 10 version ?:octagonal_sign:

Open the dialogue box Run by pressing Win + R keyboard hotkey
Type  winver  and click OK.
The information about the version will be available in the window opened.

1. How long has KAVF been installed ? 
  1. Were System requirements & Software compatibility checks performed before installing KAVF? 
  2. Please run a GSI & Windows Logs, upload the folder to cloud & post back  the link please? 
  3. Please run Windows in SafeMode with Networking, test if the issue is replicated?

Please let us know? 

Re 64bit, please refer to advice from  @Schulte  in  @nexon’s post 32 bit application on 64 bit system? & an old topic, from the original Kaspersky Forum, raised by  @jameswesthead, KIS 2016 Runs as 32 bit on 64 bit Windows 10

Thank you

:one:  Operating system version & build ? Intel Core i7-8550U CPU 1.80GHz 2GHz, RAM 16GB, System 64-bit x64-base processor, Win 10 HOME

:two:  Is the power usage high all the time? I haven’t noticed

:three:  Has high power usage issue always existed? not sure

• If “no”,  when did high power usage start ? 

:four: In the 24hrs preceeding the high power usage issue, were there any hardware, software, network, environmental changes, any changes at all? Not sure, updates can happen without my knowledge

• If  “yes”, please detail the changes? 

Please let us know? 

I just turned off the full scan 5 minutes ago and the reading now are;
CPU 1% to 10%
Mem 80MB
Disk 0.1MB/s
Power Usage very high

Free version 20.0.14.1085 (f)
Its running a scan right now so the usage is higher.
CPU 10% to 55%
Mem 540MB
Disk 10-200MB/s
Power Usage very high

I notice that even when there is no scan it show power very high and high Memory.

I was asking because maybe I should be using the 64 bit version if you have it??

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello  @richbuff :bow_tone3: , x-posted, did not see your post:upside_down: , “yes”, I will get :eyes: tested:wink:  

Hello  @rpol,

Additional to  @richbuff 

:one:  Operating system version & build ? 

:two:  Is the power usage high all the time? 

:three:  Has high power usage issue always existed? 

• If “no”,  when did high power usage start ? 

:four: In the 24hrs preceeding the high power usage issue, were there any hardware, software, network, environmental changes, any changes at all?

• If  “yes”, please detail the changes? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome. Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

Reply / Ответить