Why Kaspersky company doesn't remove two-times activation and give us unlimited activations? [Closed]

Masoud
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi,

At first, I apologize to ask this general question that should be asked in the wishlist topic or something like that but didn't see a topic that created for general or wishlist questions, so I have to ask it here. If you know a suitable place, please move my question to there.

I love Kaspersky products and believe in its products, especially home security products that purchase two times in my digital life, is great and makes us ensure to work and surf online safely. But there's something from since years that I don't like it! and that is why Kaspersky makes us register our products just two times, not more than. For an unstable OS that faces a crash and other weird unexpected problems that force us to format and reinstall a fresh OS, just two chances for activation our Kaspersky products are horrible and maybe during a year license, we have to reinstall OS more than two times. And what will happen if we go for three or fourth new install OS? 

While other rivals like Bitdefender allows us to enter our license code for activation as many as we want without any concerns.

Personally I prefer to enter and register my purchase activation code as many as I want when my machine face with a problem, because unexpected OS bugs or crash don't tell us when they'll come to us. 

I had a bad experience a few years ago and I had to register my Kaspersky product more than two times, and when for the third time, I couldn't register easily and have to call with Kaspersky support and took much time to fix my activation process. But if I had to activate my product without any limits, I didn't need to call to support and put time for it.

Less than 7 days, I have to re-active my current product and purchase a new activation code, and I don't know what to do, renew my KIS or switch to another security software like Bitdefender? 
If Kaspersky changes its policy about activation with no limits, it would be great and I would be happy!

Best,
Masoud 

• Solution

Hello 
Welcome!
I understand your frustration, however, Kaspersky does have a reason for limiting activation's, activating the application with the same activation code a limited number of times due to anti-piracy measures

If you’ve had a delayed response from the Kaspersky Technical Team, for such an issue and if Phone or Online Chat are available in your region, it’s always ok to contact them and explain the “pressing” circumstances🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello 
Welcome!
I understand your frustration, however, Kaspersky does have a reason for limiting activation's, activating the application with the same activation code a limited number of times due to anti-piracy measures

If you’ve had a delayed response from the Kaspersky Technical Team, for such an issue and if Phone or Online Chat are available in your region, it’s always ok to contact them and explain the “pressing” circumstances🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood,

As I told, my problem with activation more than two-times back to a few years ago and support fixed my re-activation for the third time. Fortunately, at the current time that I use a KIS product, no crash or any OS problems happened to my machine to makes me reinstall OS for the second or more times. I read the topic you linked to me before, but it didn’t describe in detail why? and why Kaspersky offer us to reactive our license as many as we want like Bitdefender or other security software company without any problem for sellers and users and both sides are satisfied with this policy.

I hope this policy will change in the near future.

Best,

Masoud ?

Hello @Masoud,

Thank you for replying.

I have read all of your information in the oiginal post & your reply👌  

• The Limited Activation policy is part of Kaspersky’s anti-piracy measures.
  • Kaspersky provides support, on a case by case basis, to anyone with the issue as long as the circumstances meet the documented requirements & are for a valid License, based on that, (imo), the policy will not change. 
  • I can’t answer why other companies have different policies/pocedures. 
  • If you wish you may raise the issue with Kaspersky Technical Support

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳