Virtual Keyboard

Having upgraded to Premium from Total Security, the virtual keyboard in Safe Money no longer functions correctly. Clicking on the keys does not always register, so passworded files and websites are very difficult to access unless I resort to using the real keyboard, which defeats the point of having a virtual keyboard for security

• 4 weeks later...

I Installed Standard. and i also am having Lagging problems and cannot close the Virtual Keyboard unless i exit Kaspersky or reboot pc. tech support are looking at it , but not holding my hopes up. may have to re install KIS. Wait and SEE . and i thought i was the only one. i use the virtual key board for banking and purchases. for me this is important extra security.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:47 AM, pwbc said:

Having upgraded to Premium from Total Security, the virtual keyboard in Safe Money no longer functions correctly. Clicking on the keys does not always register, so passworded files and websites are very difficult to access unless I resort to using the real keyboard, which defeats the point of having a virtual keyboard for security

7 minutes ago, Kishardon said:

I Installed Standard. and i also am having Lagging problems and cannot close the Virtual Keyboard unless i exit Kaspersky or reboot pc. tech support are looking at it , but not holding my hopes up. may have to re install KIS. Wait and SEE . and i thought i was the only one. i use the virtual keyboard for banking and purchases. for me this is important extra security.

Hello @pwbc & @Kishardon

Welcome!

1. How are you accessing the Virtual Keyboard? 

?Note, closing the Virtual Keyboard has been an ongoing issue, reported in the old version & still existing in this new version - relevant topics can be found in the Forum?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Sorry but i didn't  have any problems when using it with Kaspersky internet security . it worked great. as for it being a long going issue you would think it would be an easy fix by now. the thing is it is very important for me to use. i am accessing the app from Firefox extension add on like i used to .

Edited by Kishardon

8 minutes ago, Kishardon said:
  1. i didn't have any problems when using it with Kaspersky internet security. it worked great.
  2. as for it being a long going issue you would think it would be an easy fix by now.
  3. the thing is it is very important for me to use. i am accessing the app from Firefox extension add on like i used to.

Hello @Kishardon

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information. 

1. We shared that the issue is longstanding (for others) not you. 
  2. Agreed & it's supposed to have been fixed in this new release. 
  3. Your best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. We also suggest you include a video of the " Lagging problems and cannot close the Virtual Keyboard", so the technical experts *really* understand what the issues are; you may be suprised how helpful a video can be to assist with this type of issue. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

already logged mysysteminfo and video to tech support. just waiting game know.but as this has been an ongoing problem for many  i will not get my hope up . so i will probably re install the KIS version and hope that i do not have to deal with EOL at later stage. if so i will have to install another virus protection that works. have been using kaspersky for very long time, it would be a shame to move on. as i paid for extra 2 years . 3 devices . oh well wait and see. Hope Kaspersky engineers are not dropping the ball as is is starting too lag behind in some, maybe bios reviews. the war is also not helping the reputation and people are getting worried. As for me not into the propaganda stuff if i like it and it performs i will keep subscribing like i always have. thanking you greatly .God bless.

Edited by Kishardon
  • Thanks 1

I think it might related to display resolution, as it works fine on my sons computer, which is set at 1440. My computer is 2160 and the "i" key does not register at all. I boot use Ctrl-Alt-Shift-P to load, to close I have from the taskbar as the "X" does not register on the keyboard. As a work around I use the Microsoft Virtual Keyboard, which works but seems to cause the mouse to lag for a few seconds

• Like 1